POLICIES FOR 2021-2022 PRIVATE/SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS
*The annual Registration Fee ($25), Student Bank ($40), and first month’s tuition must be paid before the first lesson.
*Once you have submitted your registration form we will be in touch via email to confirm your lesson day/time and to provide further details before our first lesson. We will ask you to respond to this email so we can confirm you are receiving KPA emails.
*Monthly tuition will be charged on the 15th of each month, September-May.
Here is the breakdown of monthly tuition per program: Private-$125/mo; Semi-Private-$93/mo per student;
Optional add-ons: 45-min Private-$185/mo, Semi-Private-$138/mo per student;
Double lesson Private-$225/mo, Semi-Private-$183/mo per student.
*The 2021-2022 Academic Year runs from mid-September 2021 through mid-June 2022. For students who enroll at the year's start, at least 32 weeks of lessons are included. Any student who registers after the beginning of the academic year will be pro-rated for lesson dates offered previous to enrollment.
*Private and Semi-Private students are required to perform in a year end recital.
*Teacher Cancellation: In the event that the instructor must cancel a lesson, this will be marked as a Teacher Cancellation. Instructors must offer a makeup lesson for all Teacher Cancellations. If the student chooses not to attend an offered makeup lesson the family must fill out a Cancelled Lesson Exemption slip.
*Student Cancellation: In the event that the student must cancel a lesson, this will be marked as a Student Cancellation. Please note that while instructors will always strive to make up every missed lesson, instructors are not required to offer a makeup lesson for a Student Cancellation.
*No Show Policy: If a student does not give at least 2 hours notification for illness, or 24 hours notification for a scheduling conflict, or does not arrive for his/her scheduled lesson, the account will be charged a $25 No-Show Fee.
*Please note that 1-3 extra lessons are built into each school year to provide some flexibility. There may also be a makeup week offered at the end of the year to catch up on any outstanding missed lessons, if deemed necessary.
*In the event that a student wishes to withdraw from lessons we require at least one week written notice before the next tuition payment is due. Please note that there will be no refunds given for tuition already paid. If notification is received less than one week before the next tuition payment is due, the enrolled student may still be responsible for paying the next month's tuition.
I understand that all foreseeable lessons will be conducted virtually via either FaceTime or Zoom. I further understand that this means my student will be on video with his/her instructor each week and that some of the lessons/portions of these lessons may be recorded for educational and/or promotional purposes. Photos or screenshots of these lessons may be taken for promotional purposes. By signing digitally below and submitting this registration form I acknowledge that KPA has my permission to meet with my student virtually and that I am granting permission for my student to be recorded and/or photographed. I understand that KPA will ONLY use these videos/photos for educational or business promotional purposes and that KPA employees are NOT permitted to use these materials for personal reasons.
COVID POLICIES & CONTINGENCIES
* Unvaccinated students must currently attend lessons online. Fully vaccinated students may choose to attend online or in person lessons.
* As of September 2021, masks must be worn during in-person lessons. We recommend sending an extra mask with your student.
* KPA will continue to follow CDC and WA State guidance regarding COVID policies. Due to the developing nature of the COVID variants, we may move to online lessons for all students if we feel this is the safest choice. Conversely, we may also allow in person lessons for unvaccinated students if we feel it is safe to do so.
* If an in-person student shows symptoms of COVID-19 please DO NOT send them to lessons. Please contact our office by phone as soon as symptoms appear and we will work with you to hold lessons online, provided that the student is well enough to attend.
* If your student is discovered to have been in close contact (within six fee for 15 cumulative minutes over a 24 hour period) with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please contact our office by phone immediately.
* Any student, parent, sibling, or other party who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days, or are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test will not be permitted on site until a negative test result is confirmed.
* AS A RULE - We would prefer that everyone exercise great caution with regards to the signs and symptoms of COVID-19. We encourage all KPA families to over-communicate any concerns regarding these signs and symptoms as opposed to lack of communication.
SIGNATURE (required on Step 2 of Registration)
I acknowledge that by typing my full name below this will serve as my digital signature. With this signature I acknowledge that I am an adult over the age of 18 who is responsible for myself and/or the student being registered for this program. I further acknowledge that I have read and understand all policies for the Kettleworks Performing Arts Private/Semi-Private program. I understand that I must remit payment for the $25 Registration Fee, $40 Student Bank, and one month's tuition prior to the start of my first lesson.